The Benefice of Langelei takes the safeguarding of all our parishioners very seriously and make every attempt to ensure that the activities of our churches, the data we collect, process and transfer, and the involvement and exposure of our parishioners is done with this in mind.
We firmly believe that the care and protection of church children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church
The Benefice fully adopts the Church of England House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church; safeguarding policy statement’ and all its recommendations.
Our Commitments are as follows:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
The Benefice also follows the safeguarding guidance published in the Diocese of St. Albans Safeguarding Handbook, available by clicking here.
Help and Advice
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Privacy Notices & Safeguarding Documents
Our Privacy Notices and other safeguarding documents that you will find below provide the details of how we manage data privacy within the Benefice. In addition, you will also find the key contacts for any concerns related to data privacy and/or safeguarding.