All Saints’ is a mediaeval church with parts dating from the 13th century. The main features of the body of the Church are the beautiful reredos, depicting The Last Supper, and the fine Jacobean pulpit with its intricate carvings. The Tower has a peal of 8 bells that are regularly rung before Services.
There are two Chapels – The Langley Chapel contains the tomb of Edmund de Langley 1341-1402 the 1st Duke of York and Brother of The Black Prince. There is a stained-glass window commemorating the life of Queen Victoria, and on the floor are rare encaustic tiles, some 600 years old, originally housed at the Priory, which adjoined the Plantagenet Royal Palace that stood at the top of Langley Hill.
The Lady Chapel in addition to listing the names of those who fell in the two World Wars carries a plaque commemorating Christopher Cox V.C. whose grave is in the Churchyard.
Historical tours of the church are available on request – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.